Purpose of the role:
As a Finance Analyst, you will provide support to the Finance Manager in managing and reporting the engineering and purchasing involvement in the development budgets for future vehicle programmes. This is a varied role interacting with colleagues at all levels of the organisation responsible for providing accurate and meaningful information in a timely manner. You will provide a platform which drives budget holder accountability and achieve effective use of resources.
- Collaborating with the key stakeholders to analyse and review programme costs vs. budget on a regular basis
- Prepare management packs for gateway and senior stakeholder reviews including the CFO and CEO
- Proactively identify and communicate any risks and opportunities to the business and working with the budget owners to find mitigating actions where applicable
- Challenge the budget owners to ensure best value for money for the business and to ensure material decisions are made on both a technical and business case basis
- Month end accounting, including posting of SAP journals and GL account reconciliations
- Provide insightful commentary as to the drivers behind variances to budget with mitigating actions
- Preparation and submission of quarterly forecasts and budgets for the programmes and overhead areas
- Challenge assumptions and ensure robustness of programme forecasting and headcount planning
- Develop tools to help improve the forecasting and budgeting process for headcount and programme spend
- Monitor and manage the Bill of Materials (BoM) budget for future vehicles
- Due to the nature of being a dynamic and rapidly growing business, opportunities to be involved in ad hoc projects and scenario modelling will also be possible.